Navigating Mother’s Day As Separated Parents
One of the most difficult decisions faced as separated parents is working out family days such as Mother’s Day, Father’s Day and birthdays.
We’d like to offer a couple of tips to make the day as enjoyable as possible for both Mum and the kids.
- Remember, this day is about the children.
- Plan the celebrations in advance.
- If feasible, allow your children to spend the entire or part of the day with their mother. Consider adjusting weekends or days to accommodate this. If your children can’t be with their mother, ensure they call or have a video chat with her.
- Assist your children in preparing a card or a thoughtful gift for their mother. This is an excellent way for co-parents to demonstrate respect and ease any anxieties the kids might have.
- Engage in a fun activity with your children—visit the beach, zoo, park, or go for a bike ride.
- Remember to reciprocate these arrangements for Father’s Day.
Special occasions can be challenging for separated parents; it is important to not let your children feel caught in the middle.
If you are experiencing any difficulty negotiating an amicable parenting arrangement, then please do not hesitate to contact De Saxe O’Neill Family Lawyers on 02 9948 3820 to assist you further.